SOF Tactical TourniquetQMPR-SOF-TTW
SOF Tactical Tourniquet
This tourniquet offers a wide strap after taking into account all the research and feedback on the original tactical tourniquets in the market.
Weighing only 90g the SOFTT-W is light, compact, robust and easy to apply. The SOFTT-W is ideal for use by all military, tactical and civilian medical providers.
The SOFTT-W is easy to learn to use and is re-useable.
High-strength, light-weight components are used throughout; ensuring reliability in the most demanding of circumstances and on the largest of limbs.
The simple clip and buckle allows for rapid application of the strap without a need to re-route it, yet provides a highly secure fastening. This makes the SOFTT-W easier to use under stress and reduces application time, resulting in reduced blood loss and better patient care.
The SOFTT-W has a true 1.5" tourniquet strap, providing a better compression pattern than most other tourniquets. It uses a high-strength aircraft aluminium windlass, virtually eliminating the risk of windlass failure and there is no Velcro© anywhere, so the SOFTT-W can perform effectively when wet, muddy, sandy or frozen.
The SOFTT-W is the latest evolution of the SOFTT, used by US Special Forces in extreme environments and has been found to be 100% effective by a US Army Institute of Surgical Research evaluation.
Can also be supplied in orange to stand out against tacticalclothing and equipment.
- A true 1.5" strap for increased constricting pressure and patient comfort.
- Quick-release, snap-lock buckle design, allowing rapid routing of the strap around trapped limbs without rethreading.
- Lower-profile, light- weight alloy components, providing the required strength and durability only metal can offer.
- Single application method regardless of location.
- 25% lighter than the previous SOFTM Tactical Tourniquet and reduced size for easier storage.
Apply around limb
Clip buckle together and tighten strap
Twist windlass until bleeding is controlled
Secure windlass in tri-ring